Not a member yet?Download The App
How does it work?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is shopFarEast rewards programme?shopFarEast Rewards is a card-less shoppers' loyalty programme that rewards shoppers with points when they make purchases at the 16 participating Far East Malls: Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2, West Coast Plaza, Pacific Plaza, Far East Square, Icon Village, Riverside Point, Hougang 1, Greenwich V, HillV2, Junction 10, Katong V, Mess Hall, Bijou and Woods Square.
2. What is the qualifying criteria to sign up for a shopFarEast Rewards membership?To apply for a membership, you need to
- Be a local resident aged 16 years and above.
- Possess a registered Singapore local mobile number.
3. How do I become a shopFarEast Rewards Member?
4. What information will I need to provide for the membership sign up?The mandatory information needed are:
- Given/First name
- Surname/Last name
- Email address
- A registered Singapore local mobile number**
- To enjoy birthday privileges, please provide your Date of Birth. Birthday packs can be collected from the 4 concierge/information counters located at Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 and West Coast Plaza only on your registered birthday month. Available while stocks last.
5. Is there a membership fee?Membership is free.
6. What is the duration of my membership?There is no expiry for the membership as long as the shopFarEast Rewards programme is active (i.e account has not been suspended or terminated)
7. How long does it take for the membership to be activated?Activation is immediate upon successful completion of the application. You can then submit your receipts to start earning shopFarEast dollars (SFE$).
8. What privileges can I enjoy as a member?As a shopFarEast Member, you can look forward to perks like exclusive member deals, rewards like parking privileges, hotel stays, shopping vouchers and more! You can also enjoy a special birthday treat during your birthday month.
9. What privileges do I enjoy during my Birthday month?All shopFarEast Members are required to verify their birthdays with us at the Concierge/ Information Counters available at Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 and West Coast Plaza to enjoy your birthday treats.
Members can earn 2x shopFarEast Rewards points on their first approved transaction in their birthday month.
10. How do I earn shopFarEast dollars (SFE$)?Step 1: Shop at any of our participating malls.
Step 2: Snap a picture of the receipt.
Step 3: Upload the image via the shopFarEast Mobile App.
11. What is the minimum spend required to earn shopFarEast dollars (SFE$)?You will need to make a minimum nett spending of $10 in a single receipt to be eligible for shopFarEast dollars (SFE$).
12. Can I combine receipts to meet the minimum spending to earn shopFarEast dollars (SFE$)?No, each receipt must be at least $10 to earn shopFarEast dollars (SFE$). Receipts below $10 will be declined.
13. When will the shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) be credited into my account?Your shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) will be credited within 7 working days from the day of submission. We advise you to retain your original receipts until your receipt is approved if further verifications are needed.
14. What is the grace period for submission of receipts?You will need to submit your receipts within 24 hours of purchase. E.g. If the purchase is made on 1 June 2019, receipts must be submitted no later than 2 June 2019, 11:59pm.
Receipts submitted after this period will be declined.
15. How do I submit my receipts to earn shopFarEast dollars (SFE$)?Shoppers are encouraged to submit their receipts via the shopFarEast Mobile App.
- Launch the shopFarEast app.
- Click on the camera icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Position your receipt within the space provided.
- One receipt per image.
- Receipt to include Mall Name, Shop Name, Unit Number, Date of Purchase, Receipt number, Amount & Payment Mode.
- Enter your nett purchase amount.
- Click submit.
- Receipts will be approved within 7 working days.
Alternatively, you can also choose to submit your receipts at the Concierge/ Information Counter of Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 or West Coast Plaza. For rewards, it can be found in the shopFarEast Mobile App.
16. Can I submit my receipts at a different mall’s Concierge/Information Counter from the one that my purchases were from?Only receipts issued from the mall where the Concierge/Information Counter is located are accepted.
17. How many receipts can I submit per day?You may submit multiple receipts per day as long as the following requirements are met:
- Receipts submitted within 24 hours of purchase.
- Receipt needs to have a min. $10 nett spending per submission.
18. Why can’t I submit multiple receipts at the same time?Submitting more than one receipt image at a time will result in conflicting information being registered by the system, resulting in the receipts submitted being declined.
19. What is the point allocation system for shopFarEast Rewards?You will receive 1 shopFarEast dollar (SFE$) for every S$1 spent (rounded down to the nearest dollar). For supermarket purchases, every $3 spent earns 1 shopFarEast dollar (SFE$).
There is a maximum cap of 1,000 shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) that you can earn in a single day.
shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) are accorded based on the nett purchase amount.
20. What is the maximum number of shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) that I can earn within a day?You can earn a maximum of 1,000 shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) a day.
Members celebrating their birthday may earn a maximum of 2,000 shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) for the first transaction during their birthday calendar month.
21. Which receipts can I submit?Only original printed receipts for purchases made at Far East Malls’ retailers with a minimum spending of $20 per receipt will be eligible for earning of points, except the following:
- Money currency exchange at money changer, bank, automatic teller machine or financial service institutions;
- Retailer’s membership programme;
- Cashcard top-up receipts;
- Receipt portion offset by retailers' stored value cards;
- AXS/SAM/POPStation payments and bill payments;
- Online purchases (except for purchases made via the shopFarEast Mobile Application);
- Push cart receipts and atrium events receipts (by non-mall retailers);
- Voucher(s) and credit(s) by third party loyalty programs and non-mall retailers
- Goods and/or services from a non-profit organisation or financial institution (including but not limited to banks and government institutions), and payment done at offices, unauthorized duplicated receipts, NETS/debit/credit card transaction/charge slips.
22. What information should be in the receipt images?Receipts should contain the following information:
- Mall name
- Shop name and unit number
- Serially printed tax invoice/ receipt number
- Mode of payment
- Date of issue
- Nett amount paid (minimum of $10.00)
23. Can I submit hand-written receipts?Yes, you may submit hand-written receipts that have been endorsed with the store’s name.
24. My receipts are too long to be captured as 1 full image. What should I do?For overly long receipts, you may fold the portion itemising the products purchased. Please ensure the necessary information stated in point 22 can be clearly seen.
25. If I have receipts that are given to me, can I submit them to earn points?shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) can only be awarded for your personal purchases and consumption. If any Member is found using receipts other than their own purchases to earn/accumulate shopFarEast dollars (SFE$), shopFarEast reserves the right to terminate their membership.
26. Can I earn shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) for my past receipts?shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) can be awarded for receipts submitted within 24 hours of purchase.
27. Can my friend and I submit the same receipt?The system will decline submission of the duplicate receipts.
28. Can I submit receipts from purchases made before my membership is activated?Only receipts from purchases made after your membership is activated can be submitted.
29. How can I check my shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) balance?You can view your shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) balance via the ShopFarEast Mobile Application. Alternatively, you may also check your shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) balance with our friendly concierges located at Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 and West Coast Plaza.
30. Why are my receipts declined by the system?The system may decline receipts due to the following reasons:
- Receipt submitted is not from participating Far East Malls.
- Receipt falls under the exclusion list stated in point 20.
- Receipt has missing information as per stated in point 21.
- Multiple receipts submitted at a time.
- Receipt is less than $10 in purchase value.
- Receipt is unclear/blurry.
- Receipt is submitted more than one day after day of purchase. Refer to point 13.
- Duplicate receipts.
- Member has reached the daily cap of 1,000 shopFarEast Rewards points.
31. I have problems submitting the receipts. Who can I contact?Please email us at email@example.com for assistance.
32. If I have rejected receipts and would like to appeal, what should I do?Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an image of the rejected receipt and your contact information.
33. How do I redeem my shopFarEast dollars (SFE$)?Option 1:
- Log on the shopFarEast Mobile app and head to “Rewards” at the bottom tab.
- Select the reward that you would like to redeem, select ‘Get Now’, and confirm the transaction. An e-voucher will be saved to the “E-Voucher” tab.
- Present this e-voucher at the Concierge/Information Counter of Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 or West Coast Plaza before the expiry date stated.
- You may be required to present a valid proof of identity for verification purposes. shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) will not be refunded for any Rewards not collected after the expiry date stated.
- Quote your registered Singapore mobile number at the Concierge/Information Counter of Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 or West Coast Plaza.
Quote your registered Singapore mobile number at the Concierge/Information Counter of Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 or West Coast Plaza before the expiry date stated.
34. I have a change of mind. Can I refund my completed reward redemption?No. shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) will not be refunded once redemption have been completed. Rewards issued cannot be exchanged for other items.
35. What is the expiry date for the shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned?All shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned in a calendar year will expire on 31 December of that year. However, shoppers are given till 30 June of the following year (Grace period) to redeem their shopFarEast dollars (SFE$).
36. Can I combine the shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned in the previous year with the shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned in the current year for the purpose of redemption?Members are given a grace period of 6 months to redeem shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned in the previous year. During the grace period, members can combine shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) from the previous year together with shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned in the current year to redeem available rewards.
37. Can I authorize someone to redeem on behalf of me?shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) must be redeemed in person.
38. Can I combine shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) with my family member or friend to make redemption?shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) earned by different members cannot be combined.
39. Can I transfer shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) to my family member/friend/existing shopFarEast member?No, shopFarEast dollars (SFE$) are non-transferrable.
40. How do I download the app?
41. How do I sign up for a new membership?Click on “New here? Sign up Now” option in the login screen. You will be directed to fill up your particulars. You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully signed up for the programme.
Use a registered Singapore mobile number as your Login ID together with the password you created for future logins.
42. I forgot my login details. How do I reset my password?You can click on “Forgot Password” option in the login screen and follow through the instructions to reset your password.
43. I am unable to register or log into my account. Why is this happening?There may be various reasons for this.
You may wish to:
- Check your internet connection.
- Check if you have entered the correct username or password. If you have forgotten your password, please click on “forgot password” to reset it.
Should you still face difficulties in using the mobile application, feel free to contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
44. I am unable to submit my receipts. What should I do?Please check your internet connection.
Should you still face difficulties in submitting receipts, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
45. How can I be updated on the status of my receipt(s) submission?You can view the status of your receipt(s) submission from “My Account” page by clicking on the top right logo on the screen.
Click on “Transaction history” and you may view the following:
Receipts: View all the receipts submitted (Pending and Rejected) here.
Points: All approved receipt submissions will reflect the corresponding points awarded here.
46. If I do not have a registered Singapore mobile number, can I still register as a shopFarEast Member?A unique registered Singapore mobile number is required to register as a shopFarEast Member.
47. How will my information be used in the programme?Your member information and contact details are used solely for administrative and marketing purposes associated with the ShopFarEast Rewards Programme. These may include but not limited to sending you updates on sales, promotions and membership information.
48. How do I update my personal particulars?You can only edit your password and email via the “Profile” page on the Mobile App. If you encounter any issues, feel free to contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
49. The recent PDPC ruling states that organizations will not be able to collect NRIC information from 1 Sep 2019 onwards, what can I use to register as a new member?A registered Singapore mobile number will be required to sign up as a new ShopFarEast member. If you do not have a registered Singapore local number, you will not be able to sign up as a ShopFarEast Member.
Once you have registered successfully, you can also access a unique QR code from your profile menu. This acts as a virtual e-card that you can use as a membership identifier.
52. How can I withdraw from the shopFarEast Rewards membership?You can visit the Concierge/Information Counter located at Orchard Central, Clarke Quay Central, Square 2 or West Coast Plaza to withdraw from the shopFarEast Rewards membership or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership will be terminated within 30 working days of your request.
All ShopFarEast Rewards points, associated benefits and unused rewards points will be forfeited upon termination of membership.